The World Economic Forum will explore the growing influence of social networks in a workshop at the start of the Annual Meeting 2010 in Davos. The discussion is moderated by Loïc Le Meur, Founder of Seesmic and will include, among others Gina Bianchini, CEO, Ning, George Colony, CEO, Forrester Research, Don Tapscott, NGenera, Reid Hoffman, Founder, LinkedIn, Owen Van Natta CEO, MySpace.com and Evan Williams, CEO, Twitter.
Given the topic of the workshop it was natural to open it to input from the different social networks. We want to hear from you:
1. “How are social networks changing society?”
2. “What are the most important implications and risks for society?”
3. “What should individuals and institutions do to leverage the power of social networks and improve society?”
You can reply on a umber of social networks and platforms.
1) Leave a comment here on the Forum blog
2) Become a Fan of the Forum on Facebook
3) Join the Forum group on LinkedIn
4) Befriend the Forum on MySpace
5) Join the Forum network on Ning
6) Reply to @Davos on Twitter
7) Record and upload a video on YouTube (See Loic's appeal below)
For all posts and questions please use the special hashtag #DavosSocial.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. A selection of the best comments and video contributions will be incorporated in the discussion at the workshop.
You can follow the session live on Wednesday 27 January from 09.00 – 11.00 CET on Livestream . Sorry no livestream in that room but it will be available on YouTube afterwards